GFB designs, tests and manufactures a range of performance automotive parts here in Australia, and we have export markets all over the world. This side to our business is growing rapidly, and we also hold a number of patents on some really innovative products.
Based in Peakhurst close to the M5 motorway, GFB has been operating for nearly 30 years, and are using the latest technology in our modern, clean, and air-conditioned workshop.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented CNC machinist/turner /operator to join our team on a permanent basis.
This is a newly created position due to an increase in workload and an opportunity that rarely becomes available in such a company. The role will involve quick turnaround of work for small to medium quantities on 2-3 axis Mazak lathes.
Skills and Qualifications
- Current Fitter and Turner Trade Qualification.
- Experience in a machining environment.
- CNC setting with Mazak controls.
- Ability to problem solve with good process methodology skills.
- A team player who is honest, reliable, efficient and can work independently.
- An absolute passion for machining.
- Great housekeeping skills, and able to work in a tidy and organized way.
- High technical skill in the use of measuring equipment.
- Some knowledge of Mori Seiki Lathes an advantage but not essential.
- LEAN experience (we are a LEAN machine shop).
- Rev head.
Benefits and Culture
- Job Security – Stability in a permanent full-time position.
- Training and Ongoing Development – Ongoing support and professional development.
- Great Working Conditions – Modern Temperature controlled workshop with specialist equipment.
You will be working in a world class workshop with a friendly team, using top quality equipment, and ongoing training for the right applicant.
It goes without saying that we are a drug and alcohol-free environment.
Applications will be held in the strictest confidence and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.